My PC is dead.
Last week it refused to turn on, so after replacing the power supply with no success, I gave in and sent it to the repair shop, and they've told me that the motherboard is fried.
So, until I get a new motherboard/CPU/memory combo (which isn't something I budgeted for right at this moment), I'm on the laptop.
But there is something different on the horizon - this weekend, I have the house to myself while my partner and my son are away. Don't get me wrong, I love them both very much and I'm sure by Sunday afternoon I'll be waiting for them to come back, but the novelty of this weekend is still something that I'm looking forward to right now.
I've been working up a list of everything that's happening in Hull this weekend so I can go out and make the most of the time. As things stand possible activities include:
- Remembrance Weekend at the Streetlife Museum
- Going to the gym
- Buying and wrapping Christmas presents
- Clearing out the garage
- Going to a lecture at Hull Uni about "northerness"
- A poetry reading at Central Library
- A matinee showing at Hull Truck Theatre
- The Freedom Festivals "Freedom to Tell Tales" storytelling project
- Sunday jazz at Pave Bar
- Blogging / making videos
- Going out Saturday evening (actually that one isn't optional, it's the reason I'm at home)
Or of course I might end up spending all weekend playing on my partners PC, with a bag of snacks and beer within reach.
What are you up to this weekend - and which of the above do you think I should do? Let me know in the comments.