Thursday 27 November 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today it's Thanksgiving and I'd like to cheer on all my American friends who are hopefully eating a huge dinner of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, vegetables, followed with some sort of dessert (apparently the White House's menu includes a huge variety of pies), and the day topped off with watching a parade, or some american football.

President Obama is pardoning some turkeys, and tons of people are travelling all over the place to be with family.

One year I'd like to take part in Thanksgiving, ideally being over in the States, having a great big meal (because I love great big meals), and watching the game over a beer or two.  It sounds quite like Christmas is here (with possibly less presents and more football) which is always my favourite time of year - the one time of year when I have days where I do nothing except watch TV, snack, and hang out with friends and family.

Wherever you are in the world, have a great day this Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. We need to export some Thanksgiving, I have a plan to package and ship a little Thanksgiving to countries all over the world. Everybody should eat too much, and sleep through a couple of games once a year. Then we can all be grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent idea. One of my favourite things to do is falling asleep watching sports.

      Delete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog