Monday 5 June 2017

Shaving


For too long I've been managing without the correct equipment.

Before this devolves into innuendo, I'm referring to shaving.  I typically use an electric shaver with a built in beard trimmer, so I can chop away the long stuff with the beard trimmer, go on to have a proper shave with the normal shavey bit, and then if I'm going all out I'll use a Mach 3 manual razor to get any rogue hairs that have escaped the first two attacks.  After this there will be one single hair somewhere of about two inches in length that has managed to evade all attempts to cut it, and I'll pluck the thing.

However, the beard trimmer has failed on the razor, after several years of use.  I've tried to manage without, because I like my old Braun 370 razor.  It's got some interesting features, such as the charging point - it has the usual two pin charging for a razor, but the port is shaped in such a fashion that a general charging cable almost fits (but won't), forcing you to order a bespoke cable online.

Enough is enough, and it's time to go and get a new razor.  Going onto the Argos website, I went into the Men's Shavers section.



Interestingly, by default the list is sorted by "Relevance" - surely everything in the "Men's Shavers" section is relevant?

Anyway, after a bit of a trawl, I decided to go for one that roughly looks equivalent to my existing one, and it is the Braun 3040s Wet & Dry Men's Electric Shaver, which is complete with MicroComb and SensoFoil. Sadly, this stuff does actually work on me, I'd be even more impressed if the packaging told me that the shaver came with a PowerCharger and an ergonomic Han-Dle.

And look at all that blue colouring. Couldn't we say something like the shaver has been designed to absorb six-sevenths of the visible light spectrum, minimising light pollution?

No purchase would be complete without a glance through the manual for interesting statements, and the Braun 3040s is no exception. Apparently:

"In order to maintain the optimum capacity of the rechargeable batteries, the shaver has to be fully discharged by shaving every 6 months"

No wonder my shavers fail, hardly a week goes by without me recklessly using them to shave my face.

Anyway, the moment of truth has come...

Before


During, taking advantage of temporary ability to offer my services as a Mario look-a-like

Gone!

I'm pleased to report that the new shaver works, and it still manages to miss one rogue hair that somehow survives everything I throw at it.  Life is back to normal.



12 comments:

  1. LMMFAO! The struggle is real!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS
      It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

      Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
      What's app +2347012841542
      Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
      Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

      Delete
  2. Shaving; the curse of modern man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am a weird female but I actually don't mind a scruffy guy. I do get that most workplaces frown upon it. Shaving sucks for women too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I start at the neck, carefully avoiding my extensive chin growth, up passed the ears, over the top and finishing and the back of the neck. After many years of trying various products have settled with Aldi's 3 blade manual razors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe that I've actually tried the Aldi ones, must give them a shot. I use Mach 3's as a rule but only after using an electric razor to do the heavy lifting so the Mach 3's last longer!

      Delete
  5. You have covered all the points related to with the issue and Very useful content. Thanks.
    Hair clinic in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  6. In case you don’t feel like going completely hairless, the Panasonic Best Electric Shaver UK comes with a pop-up trimmer so you can personalise your trimming experience anywhere on the body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remarkable blog! I have no words to praise, it has really allured me.
    Braun Series 7- 790cc

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them. best razor for men

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work…
    best swimming goggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
    God bless you
    I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog