Thursday 29 January 2015

Playing With Myself - thoughts?

Firstly, lets be topical - where's the snow?!?

Here in northern England we're supposed to have a good couple inches of snow by now, yet it's really not here.  A bit came down, but it hasn't settled, and all signs appear to be for a clear night tonight.  The Met Office continue to warn of snow, but I suspect, due it being relatively low ground where I live, that the most we'll get is a bit of rain and some ice to fall over on in the morning.  That said, they are suggesting that there might be a return of snow on Monday - we'll see what happens then.

Right then - I've been thinking.

My YouTube channel (and my blog too, for that matter) has been very quiet in the last few weeks.  I've had other things that I've needed to focus on, but also I've been struggling with ideas for videos.

Last night I had an idea for a tabletop gaming show - so basically card/board/dice games (but maybe I could include computer games too) - but the key is that I'm looking at single player games.  And I could call it "Playing With Myself".  So I could feature games like Patience and Solitaire, but I could try some other games - there are various sets of rules for playing Munchkin (one of my favourite games) solo, for example.  Or perhaps computer card games like Hearthstone, which although you play with someone else, the person is selected by the system, you don't need to have a friend available before you can play.

What do you think?  Let me know in the comments if you think it's a good idea or not, if you do like it are there any special games you think I should include.

Also, perhaps I need a better logo than this one!

8 comments:

  1. Yes. Please do. I can play games with my daughter occasionally but she's off to uni in a few months. Desert Island is one I've tried by myself and I believe Lord if the Rings can be but I got confused. Easily done.

    Also, Manchester got a dumping of snow but here in the bay there was hardly any. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try.

      I think the Pennines mess up extreme weather for us, and I know Morecambe has its own weather microcosm (which seems to generate a fair amount of rain!)

      Delete
  2. Yes. Please do. I can play games with my daughter occasionally but she's off to uni in a few months. Desert Island is one I've tried by myself and I believe Lord if the Rings can be but I got confused. Easily done.

    Also, Manchester got a dumping of snow but here in the bay there was hardly any. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id be interested in how you solo game with tabletop,wargame, or pnp RPGs. As far as video games there are already a lot sites that stream gamers playing solo. Twitch is an example.

    Just please call it something else. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still working out how the show could work, you're quite right about video games and I think I'd prefer to focus on the tabletop etc side. Obviously you can certainly have fun doing these by yourself but I need to work out the angle to enable people watching to enjoy it too (rather than just watching a guy roll dice muttering).

      Yes, I'm not sure about the name - it's funny, but I can see problems with it!

      Delete
  4. You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!.
    TCG Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best.
    CCG

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you think? Let me know in the comments if you think it's a good idea or not, if you do like it are there any special games you think I should include.
    web developer vancouver ,
    website development vancouver ,

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog