Sunday 17 August 2014

I feel like as though I'm Sonic the Hedgehog.

I feel like as though I'm Sonic the Hedgehog.

Now, what do I mean?

I'm obviously not a blue spiky hedgehog.

I'm coming for you Robotnik.  Slowly.

Am I able to jump on monsters heads and blow them up?

No.  Although I'm tempted to do something involving jumping on the guys that keep rooting through my bins on an evening to see if I've thrown out anything interesting.

Have I been collecting gold rings?  Or racing down hills in super fast red sneakers?

No, and they're called trainers.

No, what I've been doing - is walking upstairs.

Now to clarify, we've just had most of the carpets washed in the house, including the stair carpet, so they're just about all wet.

Ideally, you don't walk on a wet carpet, you let it dry first, but it's difficult not to use the stairs.

My usual evening routine is that once I've done my chores, the washing up is done, the little one is in bed, I'll generally go on the computer for a couple of hours before bed, which is in our computer room aka the attic.  So, you have to go up two flights of stairs (from the hallway) to get to the computer room.

Now, if you're not familiar with Sonic the Hedgehog, it's a platform game, the object of which is to jump and run from platform to platform, collecting rings and defeating bad guys.  And sometimes when you land on a platform it collapses after a split second, so you have to be swift in your movements otherwise the platform hurls you into some unpleasant situation (usually involving water, spikes, or a drop of infinite length).

Tonight, I jumped from step to step, avoiding stepping on as many as possible, lingering only long enough on a stair to gain my balance and build up sufficient potential energy in my legs to bound to the next, until the familiar computer room carpet (which is beyond the capabilities of any carpet washer) was under my feet once again.  And so did I manage to avoid getting my feet wetter than was essential.

For those worried about when I have to leave the computer room - I have slippers now.

Or I might just stay up here until the carpet has dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog