Monday 7 March 2016

You Gotta Eat Here

I've been watching a lot of "You Gotta Eat Here!" which is a sort of Canadian version of "Man v Food" without the challenges, instead it's just lots of visiting great eateries and seeing what food they sell.  It's fun to watch, especially because the main guy can't handle really spicy food, and the various restaurants like to feed him the spiciest thing they can deliver.

So, in tribute, here's some food related pictures of mine from the past:

This would be evil carrots, made when I really wanted chips but couldn't leave the house due to having an ill child.


Two really huge biscuits.  Quantity, not quality.


Jaffa cake jelly.  You wouldn't think it, but there's about a thousand calories in that bowl.  It really needed some squirty cream to finish it off though.


Some sort of meatball curry with a huge amount of tandoori paste.

Pocky (they're like Mikado) from the local Chinese supermarket.  Well worth a visit if you're feeling adventurous.

A really big marshmallow.


Some sort of pate on a cracker, which means it was Christmas.

Sandwiches from Waitrose


Fried chips with extra fried.


What happens if you use a herbal tea bag twice.


A takeout coffee so that I could pretend that I'm in NCIS.

I have no idea what this is but by the looks of my desk I'm feeling emotional.

A Polish dinner so amazing that it's upside down.
Two Norwegian policemen.  I haven't eaten these.

The yin-yang of puddings.

I'm nearing my 500th blog post, which is surprising and quite pleasing.  If you've got any suggestions for my 500th, do let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Interesting assortment of foods. You might have to translate some things for me. Are Jaffa cakes a brand name product? And what is the extra fried? Fried onions? I've seen the Japanese Pocky sold around here (New Jersey, U.S.), but I haven't tried it. P.S. I'm very glad to read that you did not eat the Norwegian policemen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! My apologies, I forget some things need translating for other countries :) Yes, Jaffa Cakes is a brand, they're a sort of cake with a bit of orange jelly on top, coated in chocolate. Americans find them bizarre and delicious (so I'm led to believe). The extra fried stuff is called "scraps", it's essentially just bits of batter - when you go to a British chip shop, you can ask for scraps for free to go with whatever else you're buying.

      And yes, as delicious as the Norwegian policemen probably would be, it just seemed too much bother to cook them!

      Delete
  2. lol, Love the ost. Especially the 'I'm feeling emotional' comment at icecream and Bridget Jones lol

    Cherise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are the nutella digestive sandwiches????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
    God bless you
    I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog