Anyway I digress! I have been nominated by Tony Payson of The Writers' Bloc for a Versatile Blogger Award, which is very nice of him - thanks Tony! Although I'm certainly not in the nature of blogging as a living or anything else (which is a good job as it does not form a large part of my income!) it is nice to know that people do look at my blog now and again, and more importantly think that it is of least vague interest. I'd strongly recommend checking out Tony's blog.
In turn I would like to nominate the following blogs, which is nowhere near the 15 blogs I'm supposed to:
- Andy at BadDogGaming - Andy is an old friend of mine, participant in my World of Warcraft parody video, and a very funny and smart guy. He tends to blog mainly about computer gaming, but also delves into other (often dog-related!) topics.
- Duncan at Nobodys Reading Me - Duncan is a brilliant writer, and very entertaining. Someone I aspire to be in the fullness of time.
- Tim Clark of Life, Explained. Tim in some ways I almost think of as a kindred spirit, as a producer of blog posts that I would like to, if only I had the talent Tim does! Probably my most regular read.
And now I have to tell Tony 7 things about myself. Well, I may as well say them here rather than just emailing him, or leaving a list on his doorstep (plus it's less effort to be frank), so here we go:
- I was educated at home, with my first experience of formal education being 3 years full time at Hull College.
- I can't swim. I've never needed to swim, I do vaguely think that I ought to learn, in case I see a drowning toddler or something, but haven't got round to it.
- I can't ride a bike. This one I see less point for learning, yet I get more people telling me that I should ride a bike. But I have legs, and if I need to travel further than is practical to walk, I also have a car. I see little advantage for a different form of transport which seems more dangerous than a car, less comfortable and slower than a car, yet makes you sweatier than just walking.
- I technically hold three degrees - a Foundation Degree in Information Communication Enabling Technologies (which is actually more like a HND) from the University of Lincoln, a Bachelors in Computing (Information Systems) also from Lincoln, and a Masters Degree in Construction Project Management from Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh. I remember thinking once "who would be a doctor, and have to spend seven years studying", and then realising that between 1998 and 2012, I spent 12 of the 14 years studying. Damn, I could be a doctor by now.
- I dislike moldy fruit intensely. Honestly - I absolutely hate it. My other half can threaten to throw a moldy apple at me and I will run out of the room screaming.
- And I scream like a girl.
- Seventh thing? I don't multi-task at home particularly well. It's strange, when I'm at work I believe that I can multi-task when necessary (although I certainly prefer to focus on a single job at a time), but at home, if I'm doing something like cleaning the kitchen, and then have to stop to put the dinner on, I get really stressed because the kitchen hasn't been finished. Very odd.
Thanks again to Tony for the nomination and I hope the folk that I nominated are pleased for theirs :)