Thursday 31 January 2013

My son is a geek

My son is a geek.  Here he is with his laptop and his tablet.

eden
My son busy multi-tasking between his tablet and his laptop. The kid has more IT kit than I have.  I tried to arrange to take him to the park but apparently he had a videoconference with his team in Tokyo scheduled.

Had a very busy day today - I've been off, which sounds great (and is great) but I basically leave the house with my son around 9.30 in the morning and don't get back in until about 4.30pm, spending the day shopping, visiting people, going to one of the kids classes, more visiting, more shopping... it's a busy day.  Glad I've got a quiet evening ahead of me!

I wanted to flag up an interesting YouTube channel today, henders007 - the channel has all kinds of fun videos of scientific tricks.  For example, check out the below video of some ball bearings and a couple of magnets creating a Gaussian Gun:



Very cool.

Finally, if you've got a Twitter account and got nothing better to do, why not nominate me for a Shorty award?

The Shorty awards are described as "The Shorty Awards are a worldwide effort to engage hundreds of thousands of Twitter users to identify the best people and organizations on social media, culminating in a blockbuster ceremony in New York City." - basically they're social media awards and it's a great opportunity for everyone to have their say in who is the best.

Obviously there's no chance that I'm going to win but I've checked the charts and even just eleven votes will get me into the top forty bloggers!

Tweet the following:

I nominate @ravenswingthog for a Shorty Award in #blogger because... (put here a reason why you're nominating me!)

You need to include a reason otherwise the vote won't count!  See how the awards are going here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog