|If you aren't a good little boy we'll send scary Santa round.|
Doesn't this Santa look kinda scary?
Eden has been really developing lately, he's had trouble with his speech but the number of words he can now say seems to be accelerating from day to day. Currently he can:
- Do the alphabet, in order
- Count up to 30, and is tackling the numbers beyond that
- Say "Oops" whenever something is dropped, someone falls over, or he is pushed over (onto a soft surface!). This can be particularly useful when he trips over or walks into something, a well timed "Oops!" can distract him from crying!
- Saying "wow" at anything that interests him. Christmas trees are very worthy of comment at the moment, as is my USB-powered Plasma Ball (thanks Dan!).
- Wave goodbye when prompted
- Say "Ta" as thanks for receiving food or drink when he feels like it.
- Mama, Dada, and even "Grandma!" (when not receiving sufficient attention!)
- Name various colours and animals (he's particularly good at "Purple")
- Name body parts
- Tell his nana's dog to "Get down" off the sofa!
And many other cute things that are of no interest to people without children!
I've just finished reading David Mitchell's autobiography, Back Story (the comedian, not the author) and I strongly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in his work. Very funny and interesting, he takes us through his life using a walk around London as a back drop. David comes across very well and I would say that I very much enjoyed the read. Warning - the front cover is essentially a closeup of David's somewhat hairy face and this can be slightly disconcerting when catching it in the corner of your eye. The back cover is much less stressful to notice :)