Saturday 3 February 2018

Steak Pie

I love the internet :)

I replied to a lady on the internet a couple of weeks back, who was kindly asking what I wanted, with details.


Over the last couple of days the tweet has been getting some likes, which led me to this morning messaging a chap a recipe for a steak and ale pie, and clarifying what is meant by good honest gravy.

And what I mean - chip shop gravy.

Not "ju".  Not thin, watery stuff that rolls off the plate should you tip it.  Proper gravy.

Thinking back, when I was a kid and went to my grandparents for dinner, sometimes they would ask if I wanted gravy, but because they didn't actually like gravy, you'd actually get a chicken & leek cup-a-soup. Which was fine because I love chicken & leek soup, but is a bit weird calling it gravy.

In other news, my wife has been awesome.

On Wednesday, our son drew up plans for a toy that he wanted.

The only trouble is... you can't buy it.


Basically, it's an erasable whiteboard with a series of numbers at the bottom on loops, each in a particular colour.

My wife made it last night, which led to the cry this morning from my son's bedroom of:

"It's BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING!"


She's awesome :)




Hope everyone has a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the steak and ale pie with proper chips (not frozen). I'd just change the beer and location (a nice ruby bitter whilst overlooking Cardigan Bay in Wales). Maybe I'd add a cheeky Yorkshire Pudding on the side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very good Captain, I've never been to Cardigan Bay but I understand that it's very nice :)

      Delete
  2. Now I'm hungry and thirsty and in the mood to travel.

    That is one good looking kid, Mike. Love the hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to Dublin in April, haven't been for about 10 years - Guinness definitely tastes better there!

      He's a good lad :) we do offer to cut his hair but as long as he wants it curly we're happy for it to stay :)

      Delete
  3. I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
    God bless you
    I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS
    It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
    Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog